Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Tiny Setback, a Miniature Portrait of Secretariat and a Vintage "Playtown General Store"

When I began this blog, which was quite recently, I had all intentions of hitting it hard. I planned to blog often about so many ideas and products I have; I planned to post great "How-To" intstructions and to share my gifts and talents with others. I got off to very good start I thought, despite the fact I've never blogged before, or really tried to reach out to other people who have similar interests. Then it happened.

The dastardly hacker.

This person, (it must be nice to have nothing better to do than mess around with someones life,) invaded my life and caused quite a disruption. I lost momentum and have only now begun to see a consistent proliferation in my work and personal life. It is difficult not to surrender my power to this malicious and self-serving individual by feeling frustrated but I have chosen to put it all behind me, learn from it and accept, as I always have, that there are those who only take and never give.

To this person, I would like to say that while you have taken your God given life and have chosen to do harm, it is harm that will befall you. After all:


"He harms himself who does harm to another, and the evil plan is most harmful to the planner."
Hesiod (~800 BC), Works and Days 

And so I shall speak no more of this.

This is a miniature Painting I finished Wednesday. It is a portrait of Secretariat, my favorite all-time racehorse. I had a lot of fun painting this and thought it came out rather well for being only the size of a penny!



 I have listed it for sale through my Etsy Shop and on Ebay. Here are the links:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130890759733?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649


https://www.etsy.com/listing/129550836/miniature-painting-champion-thoroughbred?ref=v1_other_2

Here is something a bit different from what I do as a crafter, but it is such a wonderful Vintage miniature. I learned to love and appreciate antique and vintage items of all sizes and thought this fit right along those lines. I hope you like it!

This is a wonderful Vintage "Playtown General Store." Made in the 1950s, it has all the charm of days gone by. I've stocked the shelves with tiny cans of vegetables and fruits, small boxes and cans of Brand name foods and other items I thought should be sold in a general store. There are 86 pieces in all; far too many to show in photos on this blog. If you'd like to see more photos, here are the links

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130893282333?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649.

 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/129951914/vintage-1950s-playtown-general-store?ref=v1_other_1

 

 

And so I say good day to you all! It is time to clean something and there's always that supper thing! Although I lost all the photos of the Picnic Table and Bench "How-To" in the hacker hub-bub, I plan to make an even better one this week! Stay tuned, Peace and Be Well!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment